Italy: Divers recover bodies of 16 more migrants
Rescuers told the LaPresse news agency that bodies were recovered after divers resumed their search on Sunday morning. They were brought to shore and placed onto trucks to be taken to the makeshift morgue at the airport.
Financial police Maj. Leonardo Ricci said the search and recovery would continue “as long as the sea is calm and there is light.”
The search had been suspended for the last two days due to rough seas. There are 155 survivors, and over 200 people remain missing. Authorities have so far recovered 127 bodies.